Equity-Oriented Strategic Plan
Our Equity Commitment
Holt Public Schools is committed to creating an environment in which every member of our community is seen, heard, valued, and welcomed. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to this endeavor. Currently, our student body is approximately 43% BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) with significant ethnic diversity and representation from historically marginalized groups. We seek to ensure our diverse student body is celebrated and well-served. Over the next three years, we will engage in implementing our Equity-Oriented Strategic Plan as we listen, plan, and enact changes to make a considerable positive impact on all members of our learning community, with specific attention to those we have been historically underserved.
EOSP goals are designed to intentionally highlight systemic barriers and avoid placing ownership of areas of growth on those most impacted by these barriers. The achievement of each goal is directly tied to the successful and long-standing implementation of the initiatives connected to it.
Innovate. Educate. Inspire.
Empowering all students to make a positive impact in their communities.
Empower our learning community to make a positive impact on the world.
- All students (6 weeks through post-secondary) have value and can learn.
- Our schools are inclusive and meet the needs of every student.
- Our schools encourage curiosity and lifelong learning.
- School, home and community partnerships promote educational excellence.
- We are a destination district for exceptional educators.
Strategic Plan Summary: 20109-2024
Holt Public Schools will expand District initiatives to maximize opportunities for ALL learners and minimize learning loss.
- Foster student growth for all student groups by maximizing student thinking, learning and engagement
- Create relevant, meaningful, student-centered learning experiences
Holt Public Schools will provide a more flexible learning environment for our diverse student body that supports each child’s social, emotional, physical, and academic needs.
- Improve student outcomes by supporting the social, emotional, mental, physical and academic needs of the “whole child”
- Become a culturally competent and responsible environment in which all students and employees feel respected and connected
Communications and Community Involvement
Holt Public Schools will develop an efficient, standardized communication system district-wide.
- Maintain effective, timely, and consistent communication with stakeholders and employees
- Encourage, facilitate and track multidirectional communication with stakeholders and employees
Holt Public Schools will be a destination district that attracts, develops and supports exceptional and diverse personnel.
- Value, nurture, support and empower employees and assist them in developing the capacity to create a joyful environment in which to work and learn
- Recruit qualified, professional employees that mirror our diverse student population
Holt Public Schools will modernize facilities to increase safety, educational opportunities and flexibility.
- Modernize facilities to maximize educational opportunities, flexibility and safety while considering environmental sustainability and future operating costs